Honey Lime Grilled Watermelon
Ever thought about what else you can do with watermelon? This delicious idea is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 small watermelon (1300 g or about 3 lbs), sliced into 2-inch triangles
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 limes, juice and zest only
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Preheat grill to high. Brush the watermelon on both sides with olive oil.
- Brush the watermelon on both sides with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When the grill is hot, add the watermelon slices in a single layer and grill until char marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook as it may become mushy.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, cayenne, and salt in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture over both sides of the watermelon slices.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ⅙ of recipe or ~1 cup of edible watermelon
Protein: 1 g
Phenylalanine: 25 mg
Leucine: 30 mg
Tyrosine: 19 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 5.9 g
Phenylalanine: 148 mg
Leucine: 178 mg
Tyrosine: 114 mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!