Zucchini Mushroom Cannelloni
Featured in our Italian Inspired Cookbook.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- ⅓ cup low protein, dairy-free cheese alternative, shredded*
- 1 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper
- 6 sheets Loprofin Lasagna
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large frying pan, sauté onion in olive oil until softened. Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Mix in the low protein cheese. Season mixture with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Place lasagna sheets into a pot of boiling water, cook for 4 minutes until soft and easy to fold. Cook lasagna sheets in two separate batches to prevent sheets from sticking together.
- Divide the zucchini and mushroom filling between the 6 lasagna sheets and fold into 6 rolls.
- Place lasagna rolls in a small baking dish and cover with tomato sauce. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover dish with foil if the top starts to go brown.
- Serve with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Per Serving
Nutrition Per Recipe
*Calories and protein may vary by product. Be sure the check the nutrition label.
Loprofin Lasagna is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.