Get creative in the kitchen with these Zucchini Fritters. A delicious low protein appetizer or snack.
- 1 large (323 g) zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup (110 g) carrots, grated
- 2 Tbsp (20 g) onions, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup (32 g) cornstarch
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup (237 mL) canola oil
- Mix zucchini, carrots, onions, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into a colander, allowing excess water to drain into the sink.
- Return vegetables to original mixing bowl. Add cornstarch and pepper and stir until blended. Let mixture sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium to high heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of vegetable mixture into pan and flatten with a spatula.
- Fry 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Let cool on paper towels to soak up any excess oil. Serve warm.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 fritter (90 g)
Protein: 0.9 g
Phenylalanine: 36 mg
Leucine: 61 mg
Tyrosine: 27 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 5.3 g
Phenylalanine: 218 mg
Leucine: 364 mg
Tyrosine: 159 mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!