Tex-Mex Jackfruit Nachos
- 1 batch Tex-Mex Lasagna Chips
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion (160 g), diced
- 3 garlic cloves (9 g), crushed
- 1 red bell pepper (120 g), diced
- 1 can (20 oz or 565 g) young jackfruit in brine, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup (195 g) canned, petite diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce, for garnish*
- Lime wedges, for garnish*
- Heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the drained jackfruit and cook for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the seasonings (chili powder through black pepper) and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, brown sugar, and canned tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- To assemble, add the chips to a shallow dish and leave a “well” in the center.
- Fill the well with the jackfruit mixture and top with shredded lettuce and a squeeze of lime juice just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Nutrition Per Recipe
*Nutrition analysis does not include the lettuce and lime juice garnish.
Loprofin Lasagna is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.