Spaghetti Tossed with Garlic & Oil
Essentially this recipe is pasta in garlic oil, but cooked correctly, this dish results in something really special: a perfectly scented, garlic and chili-infused extra virgin oil wrapped around al dente pasta.
Featured in our Italian Inspired Cookbook.
- 150 g Loprofin Spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- ½ tsp dried red chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti per box instructions. While the spaghetti is cooking, place large frying pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until slightly golden. Stir in red chili flakes until blended.
- Reserve 1 cup of cooking water before draining the pasta.
- Add oil mixture, 3 fl oz of reserved cooking water and parsley to the cooked pasta. Toss until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ½ of recipe
Protein: 1.1 g
Phenylalanine: 59 mg
Leucine: 32 mg
Tyrosine: 14 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 2.2 g
Phenylalanine: 64 mg
Leucine: 117 mg
Tyrosine: 27 mg
Loprofin Spaghetti is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!