Parsnip & Potato Mash
Protein in potatoes can sometimes add up quickly if you’re not watching your portion size. Mashing in parsnips and cauliflower can help reduce the amount of protein without losing the creamy yummy taste of this favorite food!
- 2 cups (312 g) white potato, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup (156 g) parsnips, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 cups (248 g) cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup (60 mL) unflavored, liquid non-dairy creamer*
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) margarine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the potato and parsnip in a large pot until they begin to soften.
- Add cauliflower and continue to cook until soft and tender.
- Drain vegetables in a colander.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ~¾ cup
Protein: 2.2 g
Phenylalanine: 82 mg
Leucine: 123 mg
Tyrosine: 66 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 13 g
Phenylalanine: 494 mg
Leucine: 740 mg
Tyrosine: 396 mg
*Calories and protein may vary by product. Be sure to check the nutrition label.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!