Mushroom Bruschetta Topping
This Italian favorite combines fresh rosemary, sweet balsamic vinegar and meaty shiitake mushrooms to create a delicious low protein starter for your entire group to enjoy.
- ½ lb (190 g) shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 medium (55 g) shallot, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped, or several pinches of dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss the mushrooms and shallot with the oil, vinegar, and rosemary; place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast mushrooms for 10 minutes; remove from oven and turn them over. Roast for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven; let cool and thinly slice. In a small bowl, toss the cooled mushrooms with the parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve on top of your favorite low protein bread or crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ¼ cup
Protein: 1.5 g
Phenylalanine: 67 mg
Leucine: 114 mg
Tyrosine: 49 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 5.9 g
Phenylalanine: 267 mg
Leucine: 457 mg
Tyrosine: 194 mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!