Mango Salsa Salad
This flavorful recipe combines sweet and savory for a tangy dish that can be a filling entrée salad or a side dish for everyone at the table.
- ½ mango (168 g), ripe, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno (14 g), seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Juice from 1 lime, divided
- 2 cups (94 g) romaine lettuce , chopped
- ¼ large avocado (34 g), diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, jalapeno, and red onion. Add chili powder and squeezed lime juice from half of the lime. If time allows, chill for 1-2 hours to let flavors blend.
- In a salad bowl, add mango mixture to lettuce and avocado and toss.
- Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze the other lime half over the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ½ of recipe
Protein: 1.9 g
Phenylalanine: 72 mg
Leucine: 98 mg
Tyrosine: 33 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 3.7 g
Phenylalanine: 143 mg
Leucine: 196 mg
Tyrosine: 66 mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!