Italian Vegetable Soup
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- ½ cup (45 g) leeks, bulb and light green portion of stalk only, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium (61 g) carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large stalk (64 g) celery, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 4 cups (32 fl oz) vegetable broth*
- ⅓ cup (56 g) Loprofin Spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a stock pot, or other heavy-bottomed pot, sauté the garlic and leeks in the oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot, celery, tomato puree and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the broken up Loprofin spaghetti and stir well. Cook the soup at a low simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Nutrition Per Recipe
*Swanson® vegetable broth was used in the calculation of the nutritional information. Phenylalanine and protein content were obtained through HowMuchPhe.org; leucine and tyrosine content not available. Swanson® and CSC Brand LP are not affiliated with Nutricia North America and have not endorsed the proposed use of their products in this recipe. Specific brand names are referenced to ensure consistent nutritional composition necessary to maintain a metabolic low-protein diet.
Loprofin Spaghetti is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.