Beet & Lime Hummus
This low protein hummus-like dip features beets to give it a dazzling color. Enjoy on top of a salad or with low protein crackers.
- 4 beets (320 g), pre-cooked (see Notes)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh dill (or any fresh herbs you like)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth, using a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Add more olive oil if you want a thinner consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pre-cooked beets can be found in the refrigerated produce section of many grocery stores.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ⅙ of recipe
Protein: 0.9 g
Phenylalanine: 27 mg
Leucine: 40 mg
Tyrosine: 21 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 5.6 g
Phenylalanine: 159 mg
Leucine: 237 mg
Tyrosine: 128 mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!