Zucchini Pizza Bites
Create a delicious low protein snack with an easy twist to a popular recipe. Friends and family of all ages will be grabbing for seconds with these little bites.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 extra large (400 g) zucchini, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup (123 g) tomato sauce
- ½ cup (45 g) low protein, dairy-alternative cheese*
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Arrange zucchini rounds in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 8 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Spoon tomato sauce on each slice and top with dairy-alternative cheese.
- Return to the oven for an additional 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 pizza bite
Protein: 0.7 g
Phenylalanine: 27 mg
Leucine: 44 mg
Tyrosine: 20 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 7.3 g
Phenylalanine: 274 mg
Leucine: 436 mg
Tyrosine: 198 mg
*Calories and protein may vary by product. Be sure the check the nutrition label.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!