These low protein tortillas are easy to make and can be used in many different ways. Create a salad roll-up, make a low pro quesadilla, or fill with sautéed vegetables for a delicious fajita.
- 1 box (500 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- 1 ½ tsp dry taco seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
- ¾ cup (180 mL) water
- Combine baking mix, taco seasoning and salt in a medium bowl. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of baking mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil and water.
- Add enough liquid to the dry mixture to form a moist and pliable dough. Dough should not be sticky.
- Dust work surface and rolling pin with reserved baking mix. Using rolling pin, roll out small pieces of dough (about 85 grams each) until each one is about 7-inches wide.
- Use an overturned plate as a template and cut each piece of dough into a circle. Stack the tortillas with parchment or wax paper between to prevent sticking.
- Heat a large ungreased non-stick skillet. Heat each tortilla for 30-45 seconds on both sides.
- Immediately wrap tortillas in a warm kitchen towel to keep soft until ready to eat.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 tortilla
Protein: 0.2 g
Phenylalanine: 7 mg
Leucine: 6 mg
Tyrosine: 2 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 1.6 g
Phenylalanine: 52 mg
Leucine: 46 mg
Tyrosine: 15 mg
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!