Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
This recipe originates from Naples. It’s fiery, spicy, salty and absolutely delicious.
Featured in our Italian Inspired Cookbook.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8.5 oz (240 g) canned crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp chili flakes, crushed
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 200 g Loprofin Spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp capers, chopped
- 4 black olives, pitted and sliced
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Sauté the garlic until it is just starting to brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and chili flakes in pan with the sautéed garlic. Cook over medium heat for 3–4 minutes until the tomato liquid is slightly reduced.
- Lower the heat, add the parsley and oregano and simmer the sauce gently for 20 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti per box instructions.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti into the sauce. Add capers and olives. If the sauce appears dry, add a splash of water from the pasta pot.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ½ of recipe
Protein: 3.1 g
Phenylalanine: 84 mg
Leucine: 129 mg
Tyrosine: 48 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 6.2 g
Phenylalanine: 168 mg
Leucine: 257 mg
Tyrosine: 95 mg
Loprofin Spaghetti is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!