Recipe and photograph originally by Michelle Skehan (Instagram: pku_food_ideas); recipe adapted by Nutricia North America.
- ½ stick (56 g) butter
- 1 onion (160 g), finely chopped
- 1 large (210 g) apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800 g (about 5, 2-inch diameter) baking potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 6 Tbsp (50 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a pan. Cook the onion, apple, and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed potatoes, baking mix, salt, and pepper. Add in the onion, apple, and garlic mixture and stir to combine.
- Form into 8 potato patties. Cook them on a greased waffle iron for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
Nutrition Per Recipe
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.