Low Protein Sugar Cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (175 g) Loprofin Baking Mix, plus 1-2 Tbsp for rolling out dough
- 2-3 Tbsp cold water
- Powdered sugar, for decorating
- ½ tsp vanilla or almond extract
- ½ lemon or orange, zested
- 1 tsp cinnamon or ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place the butter or margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the Loprofin Baking Mix and one or more optional flavorings from ingredient list above.
- Using one hand, squeeze the mixture together while adding sufficient water to make a manageable ball of well-mixed dough.
- Lightly dust your surface with Loprofin Baking Mix. Roll out the dough to about ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into shapes using a cookie cutter and place onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until pale golden brown.
- Remove cookies from baking tray while still warm and cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar or mix together a quick glaze of powdered sugar and water to drizzle over the top.
Nutrition Per Serving
Nutrition Per Recipe
Calories listed are for undecorated cookies. Topping cookies with powdered sugar or glaze will increase calories.
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.