- 1 box (500 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- 1 packet (7 g) dried yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 fl oz (300 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 fl oz (120 mL) unflavored non-dairy creamer*
- 1 Tbsp low protein egg replacer, prepared according to the package directions
- 2-4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Set 1-2 Tablespoons of baking mix to the side to use for rolling out the dough later. Combine the remaining baking mix, yeast, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add water, oil, non-dairy creamer, egg replacer and yellow food coloring to the mix.
- Knead the mixture until it forms a soft dough.
- Sprinkle reserved baking mix onto surface and roll the dough out into thick "ropes", squeezing the ends together to form a circle.
- Place dough circles on a cookie sheet coated in non-stick spray and let rise for 30-40 minutes. Set oven to preheat to 350°F.
- Fill a large pot with 8-10 cups of water and 1 Tablespoon of sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and parboil bagels (1-2 at a time so they are not crowded in the pot) until they rise to the top of the water (about 5 minutes). Remove the bagels and place on paper towels to drain.
- Place parboiled bagels on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F until golden brown (approximately 20 minutes). If bagels are too doughy, place them under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until brown.
Nutrition Per Serving
Nutrition Per Recipe
*Calories and protein may vary byproduct. Be sure to the check the nutrition label.
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.