The smell of fresh gingerbread baking will fill your home and have everyone craving gingerbread. Though traditionally a holiday treat, it's perfect any time of the year either as a dessert or as a quick low protein snack.
- 1 ⅔ cups (225 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup (75 g) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp powdered egg replacer
- 3 ½ Tbsp (50 g) butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp (48 g) shortening, melted
- 2 ½ Tbsp molasses
- 5 fl oz (148 mL) water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine baking mix, salt, sugar, ginger, baking soda and egg replacer in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, shortening, molasses, and water to the dry ingredients. Mix with an electric hand mixer until the ingredients are just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a plate or cooling rack to cool fully.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: one 2” piece
Protein: 0.1 g
Phenylalanine: 4 mg
Leucine: 6 mg
Tyrosine: 3 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 1.6 g
Phenylalanine: 60 mg
Leucine: 89 mg
Tyrosine: 40 mg
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!