You don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy this flavorful side dish. Cranberries are very low in protein and can add flavor and color to your meals. This relish can be served with a side of pasta, as a salad topping or enjoyed on its own.
- 2 apples (322 g), peeled, cored, and quartered
- 2 oranges (262 g), quartered, with the peel left on
- 4 cups (454 g) fresh cranberries, rinsed
- ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- Put apples, oranges and cranberries through a meat grinder or chop in a food processor to a medium coarse consistency.
- Place in a large bowl and mix in the brown sugar and horseradish.
- Refrigerate, covered for 24 hours before serving. Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ½ cup
Protein: 0.6 g
Phenylalanine: 31 mg
Leucine: 41 mg
Tyrosine: 22 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 5.6 g
Phenylalanine: 308 mg
Leucine: 412 mg
Tyrosine: 220 mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!