Chocolate Coffee Cake
The combination of coffee and chocolate in this cake is something special! You can also turn this recipe into individual muffins or cupcakes with added icing. Our chef added her recipe for Coffee Buttercream Icing for the coffee-lovers among you.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- Place the cake mix, oil and vanilla extract into a large bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add sparkling water and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake 45-55 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover with icing and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: one 2” piece with 2 Tbsp icing
Protein: 0.4 g
Phenylalanine: 15 mg
Leucine: 22 mg
Tyrosine: 7 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 6.3 g
Phenylalanine: 232 mg
Leucine: 350 mg
Tyrosine: 111 mg
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!