If you love to bake be sure to put a cherry on top. These cherry whirls are yet another fun way to turn ordinary low protein baking mix into a fun cherry cookie.
- 4 ½ Tbsp (64 g) margarine
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 3/4 cup (100 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- 2 Tbsp cherry jam or preserves
- 5 Tbsp (71 g) butter
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp (75 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- 6 maraschino cherries (30 g), halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until light and creamy. Gradually mix in water. Add baking mix and combine by hand to form a firm dough (add a little extra water if necessary).
- Knead for 20-30 seconds on a work surface dusted with baking mix.
- Roll out the dough and cut into rounds using a 3-inch cutter. Place in tartlet tins.
- Add ½ tsp of cherry jam onto the center of each dough circle.
- To prepare the filling, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat in the baking mix to give a soft consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a medium-sized star nozzle. Pipe rings around the inside edge, leaving the jam in the center visible.
- Place halved maraschino cherry in the middle, on top of jam.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cookie
Protein: 0.2 g
Phenylalanine: 7 mg
Leucine: 12 mg
Tyrosine: 6 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 2.1 g
Phenylalanine: 87 mg
Leucine: 149 mg
Tyrosine: 74 mg
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!