Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread
- 3 (45 g) green onions, sliced
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 1½ cup (200 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- ½ cup (60 g) cornmeal
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain coconut milk beverage*†
- ⅓ cup (30 g) low protein, dairy-free cheddar cheese alternative*, shredded
- 2-4 Tbsp pickled jalapeño, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8”x 8” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, sauté the green onions in the butter for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine baking mix, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the coconut milk until just combined.
- Fold in the cheese alternative, jalapeños, and sautéed onions. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 9 squares.
Nutrition Per Serving
Nutrition Per Recipe
*Calories and protein may vary by product. Be sure to check the nutrition label.
†Leucine and tyrosine content not available for coconut milk beverage; the leucine and tyrosine from this ingredient are therefore not included in the nutrient analysis.
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inborn errors of metabolism and other conditions requiring a low protein diet and must be used under medical supervision.