The combination of cinnamon and the delightful surprise of grated carrots make these cupcakes a hit for any occasion.
- ½ cup (114 g) butter, softened
- ½ cup (100 g) light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1¾ cup (233 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- 2 tsp powdered low protein egg replacer, mixed with water per package instructions
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (40 g) carrots, finely grated
- 4 scoops (20 g) Milupa LP-Drink, prepared (mixed with 6 fl oz of water)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer.
- Add baking mix, prepared egg replacer, cinnamon, carrots, and prepared drink mix and beat until smooth. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Optional: decorate with homemade buttercream frosting.
Store cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Un-iced cupcakes can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 unfrosted cupcake
Protein: 0.3 g
Phenylalanine: 10 mg
Leucine: 19 mg
Tyrosine: 7 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 3 g
Phenylalanine: 118 mg
Leucine: 227 mg
Tyrosine: 84 mg
Loprofin Baking Mix and Milupa LP-Drink are medical foods for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!