Butternut Squash Soup
A fall classic. Butternut squash is sweet and delicious. Serve with low protein pita or toasted bread for a wonderful autumn meal.
- Place the leeks, squash, garlic and oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Sauté gently for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften but not brown.
- Place the baking mix and LP-Drink powder into a large bowl. Add 32 fl oz of warm water and stir.
- Gradually pour the liquid mixture into the pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until the leeks and squash are tender.
- Puree the soup in a food processor, high-powdered blender, or using an immersion blender.
- Garnish each serving with parsley and black pepper.
The remaining soup can be frozen in individual portions ready for a quick meal on another day.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ~1½ cups
Protein: 2.4 g
Phenylalanine: 90 mg
Leucine: 145 mg
Tyrosine: 71 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 9.7 g
Phenylalanine: 360 mg
Leucine: 578 mg
Tyrosine: 284 mg
Loprofin Baking Mix and Milupa LP-Drink are medical foods for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!