Get your day started with these delicious low protein berry muffins!
- ¼ cup (60 g) butter, softened
- ⅔ cup + 2 Tbsp (170 g) granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cup (220 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- 1 Tbsp egg replacer, prepared per label instructions
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 scoops (10 g) Milupa LP-Drink, prepared (mixed with 3.4 fl oz of water)
- 1 cup (148 g) blueberries or raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Cream together butter and sugar with electric hand mixer.
- Add baking mix, egg replacer, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger into the mixture and blend well.
- Gradually add prepared LP-Drink until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in berries. Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 muffin
Protein: 0.2 g
Phenylalanine: 8 mg
Leucine: 15 mg
Tyrosine: 5 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 2.9 g
Phenylalanine: 100 mg
Leucine: 175 mg
Tyrosine: 64 mg
Loprofin Baking Mix and Milupa LP-Drink are medica lfoods for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!