This bread is so easy to make and is bursting with banana flavor. The natural sweetness from the bananas means there is no need for added sugar in this recipe!
- 4 ripe bananas (472 g), mashed
- 1 tsp powdered low protein egg replacer
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (267 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 slice
Protein: 0.4 g
Phenylalanine: 17 mg
Leucine: 23 mg
Tyrosine: 4 mg
Nutrition Per Recipe
Protein: 6.3 g
Phenylalanine: 273 mg
Leucine: 375 mg
Tyrosine: 66 mg
Loprofin Baking Mix is a medical food for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other medical conditions requiring a low protein diet. Must be used under medical supervision.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!